NEW WATER RESTRICTION REGULATIONS
November 14, 2006, the Common Council passed and adopted an Ordinance to provide for the conservation of water and standby restrictions on water use.
The intent of this Ordinance is to “prevent overuse of the City’s water resources, to avoid substantial depletion of the water table and to ensure a safe and secure potable water supply to the public and sufficient water supply for fire protection purposes, during periods of adverse conditions such as droughts, equipment failures, electrical interruptions, system maintenance or other conditions which might interfere with the regular water supply to the community”.
If an emergency condition is determined by the Director of Utilities, implementation of restrictions will be placed in effect over the water use for landscaping, lawn watering purposes, and residential hand washing of motor vehicles.
• Restrict all outside water uses to an odd/even side of the street system based on the day of the week and address of the user. For example: even number addresses may water lawns or wash cars on even number days, and odd number addresses may do so on odd number days.
• The hours allowed for outside use of water shall be from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
• During First Stage restrictions, a temporary permit may be granted by the Utility Director to allow daily watering of newly placed sod or vegetation. The period of watering pursuant to such a permit may occur during the first three weeks following sod placement. A temporary meter is required to be installed. Call the Utility office for more information and to obtain permit application.
Second Stage Restrictions
• Restrict All Outside Water Use
• Restrict All Outside Water Use Immediately and Limit Indoor Water Use To Minimum Needs.
Restriction notification will be completed by either door hangers at each household, a city wide mailing, or newspaper notices.
The duration of the restriction will depend on the nature of the emergency. Restrictions shall remain in effect until further notice from the City.
Penalty: Any person, firm or corporation who fails to comply with the provisions of this Ordinance shall be subject to a fine not less than $50.00 nor more than $500.00 for each such offense. Each day that such violation exists shall constitute a separate offense.