The Delavan-Darien Dolphins Community Swim Team is dedicated to teaching young swimmers in the community how to have fun while in a competitive swimming environment. The Dolphins will focus on the skill development of all swimmers with a wide range of abilities.
Who Are We?
We are a local competitive and recreational based swim team that feeds into the Delavan-Darien High School Swim Program.
The Dolphins offer programs from age 6-18 throughout the course of the school year
Commitment-Practices and Swim Meets
Practices are held on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings. All members will begin practice at 6:00 pm. Kids will be divided into three levels this year. (White, Gold, Blue)White group will practice for an hour and the Gold and Blue groups will practice for an hour and a half. Participants will be informed what group they fall into after the first day of practice. This schedule may vary slightly due to enrollment and pool availability. On Mondays and Thursdays the focus will be on skill development and Wednesdays will be an optional endurance day for swimmers. A season will usually be 12 to 14 weeks in length depending on holidays. Payment plans available upon request.
Swim meets will vary depending on the season and the availability. We typically will try to schedule both in-house trials and other meets in near-by communities. Typically our goals is to give participants the opportunity to participate in 3 + meets/trials per season (fall & winter/spring).
Swim Team Levels (New)
- Ability to swim 25 yards (both freestyle and backstroke).
- Meets requirements for basic water competency test.
- Step or jump into water over your head
- Float or tread water for 1 minute
- Turn around in a full circle and find an exit
- Swim 25 yards to the exit without stopping
- Exit water without using steps or a ladder
- Ability to float (face down as well as on back).
- Ability to kick (on back of face down) for 25 yards.
- Ability to perform a steam line (with push off and during set).
- Basic knowledge and execution of flip/ open turns.
- Basic knowledge and execution of dives.
- Knowledge and execution of all four strokes.
- Basic knowledge of drills associated with each of the four strokes.
- Proper breathing technique for each of the four strokes.
- Intermediate knowledge of intervals and how to use practices timing system.
- Ability to swim 25, 75 or 100 yards without stopping.
- Ability to listen and understand directives given by coaching staff.
- Basic knowledge of written swim “sets.”
- Ability to perform a stream line throughout the entire practice (during every push off, dive and turn).
- Advanced knowledge and execution of flip/ open turns.
- Advanced knowledge and execution of dives.
- Ability to perform relay exchanges.
- Proper execution of pull outs, for each stroke (mainly breaststroke pull out and three hard strokes for the others).
- Advanced knowledge and proper execution of drills for each stroke.
- Advanced breathing technique (including more strokes between breaths).
- Advanced knowledge of intervals and practice timing system.
- Proven ability to understand swim terminology.
- Ability to swim 200 + yards without stopping.
- Ability to read swim “sets” posted on the board and fully understand them.
Click Here to register for the Spring 2020 Swim Season
It is recommended, but not required for participants to purchase the “team” suit. The Dolphins have been working with A3 Performance and have set up a team store with the recommended suit. The store also has a few choices of goggles that may be purchased, but once again are not required. Click the link below to go directly to the team store. All purchases from the team store will be shipped directly to you. The Delavan-Darien Dolphins do not process or take any direct payments for any merchandise purchased through the store. Any questions about orders should be directed to A3 Performance.
All participants will receive one “Delavan-Darien Dolphins” swim cap per school year. This cap will be required if your participant will be swimming in meets/trials. Additional swim caps may be purchased at the Delavan Parks and Recreation Department office for $5 per cap.